Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Monster Story's Hanekawa Tsubasa

Hanekawa-1

One of the best stories, or group of stories rather, is Ghost Stories, (a.k.a 化物語 [bakemonogatari]).  It was turned into an anime, I'm not sure if it is also a manga, but am positive that it is an enjoyable small novel series.  The stories are about demonic possession of people, with slight twist here and there.  The people are attacked by demonic: vampires, crabs, cats, snakes, monkeys, and a snail.  Although it sounds silly as I write about it, it is actually the writing itself which is amazing.

Hanekawa-6

Of course if you cannot read Japanese, it does put you in a tough spot, but the anime, which is subtitled, is a good representation of the books.  The anime is divided into arcs, in which the individual's stories are told and match up with the books.   Characters then later come back and interact with the new characters in the differing stories, which helps give you,more insight to the normal, un-possessed them.

Hanekawa-2

That being said the anime/novel is slightly harem themed, although the main protagonist only really has one love interest.  This brings me to the photos that are with this post.  They are of the "girl who knows everything", who is better known as Hanakawa Tsubasa.  If you couldn't tell she was the one possessed by the cat demon.  She was eventually freed from the demon, but not cured.  If you want to know what that means, then I advise watching the anime, or reading the book.

Hanekawa-7

As for the photos, I decided to do something a little different.  Usually, I like clean and bold photos, but after going over the anime again, I decided to change the look of these photos a little.  They are a little brighter and with a softer focus.

Hanekawa-13

The cosplayer (dead pepper), did an amazing job on the costume.  She really did go all out silk screening the fabric with the little kitty heads to match up with anime so well.  You will actually see dead pepper a few more times later on, because I actually ran into her, and had the pleasure of shooting her all three days that I went to the convention.

Hanekawa-3

This was actually the first set of photos that I took whilst at the convention, and I'm pretty happy with them.  Although, I have to admit, I didn't really do too much, I just clicked a button..  Great job dead pepper!

Hanekawa-10

Hanekawa-4

Hanekawa-5

Hanekawa-8

Hanekawa-9

Hanekawa-12

Hanekawa-14

No comments:

Post a Comment