Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm Sorry!

So, it has been quite the while since my last post. I have to apologize and explain a few of things that are about the happen/change here.

First, I would like to start with the reason for the lack of updates. I am finally in Japan. I know that it has been a little over a month since my last post, but I had to do all my packing, quitting my job, and finalizing paper work. It has been a very long month, and even now I am still crazy busy trying to settle in.

The students here have been most welcoming, I think even more so than my school Cal State East Bay (Formerly known as Hayward). They have been trying there hardest to get me the information to make my stay, and I quote, “a wonderful time in JAPAN”. I still don’t have internet in my dorm room yet, and there is nobody that I can just steal some wireless from. The internet is a little slower here than it is in the USA.

Everything else is looking good though. I have a Japanese cell phone, a bicycle, and gathering more and more Japanese toys and such. Everyday has been an enlightening experience, and I hope that I will be able to share it more with the rest of you.

Secondly, I am changing this site and there will be little cosplayers on it from now on. I said “little” and not “none“, because I don’t know about being able to attend cosplay events whilst here in JAPAN. Even though it sounds silly, the events are hard to find and typically far away. There is one happening in Tokyo not so long from now, but being that I am about an hour away from Hiroshima, that may just be too costly and far from me. I will still see if I can make it out there though.

Saying that I won’t be doing that many photos of Cosplayers, I want to let people know that I will be posting my trips and information about Japan on here from now on. Thus, if I am able to make it to a cosplay/anime event then there will be a post of it. I hope to be able to make the next COMIKE. The problem is money. Maybe I can start up a donation center for people to help me make it to places that I can report on? I don’t know, I really hate asking for handouts.

The third item are the new things that I am going to post. Being that I want to improve my Japanese and Photography I will be starting a few new things. Let’s start with the simple and work our way up. I want to start taking pictures of everything that I’m about to eat. This would be from simple things like toast to complex things like FUGU (Blowfish). I hope that is something that would interest people.

Another thing that I want is to start getting feed back from the readers. Therefore, I decided to interview people here in Japan, both Japanese and Foreign. I would like to know the questions that you might have to ask students/workers here. Being kind of a little more outgoing than your average person, if you want me to find a specific place/job and go to see if I can interview the people; then I will try. There are no promises, but I will give it my all. I have a bunch of students lined up to be interviewed already. They range from Japan (Obviously) to Scotland.

Lastly, one of the hardest things that I have ever done is coming to Japan for this one year. Not only emotionally, but physically and mentally as well. There are so many things that you need to know and do to get over here. I had so many questions and little places to find the answers. So, I will be posting to process to make it over here and the tips that I would suggest people to do so that they can have an easier time. Now, this will be mainly for the people that apply for the Exchange Program OKAYAMA (EPOK). I think that the tips will help the people that would like to travel JAPAN too. Please let me know if you have any questions about this too, I will try to help as best to my abilities.

Thanks to all that actually look at my blog, and hopefully you will continue to check out my blog from time to time, and know that I am still here.

Most Sincerely,

Charlee

No comments:

Post a Comment