Friday, May 14, 2010

Interview with Ivana Savic

Wow! It has been a while since I have posted one of these. I have all the interviews, but none of the photos! ARGH! I wish I had more time to coordinate the photos. Anyhow, here is Ivana! She is a fellow exchange student! She is from Serbia! Oh, well let me put some of the info down on her!


1. What is your name: Ivana Savic

2. What is your Nationality: Serbian

3. How old are you: 23

4. Are you single: No



5. What is your Major/Faculty: Faculty of Philology: Japanese

6. What year are you: Senior

7. Are you in any clubs: None

10. Do you have a job: None




11. What are your hobbies?

Well, I dunno like uh… Pilates, and jogging sometimes. In Serbia, I would go to Pilates regularly, but now that I’m in Japan I don’t really go. I try to do it in my room though.



12. What music/movies/TV shows do you like?

I like all music, but I believe that I’m more of a rock soul! I don’t really have any groups that I like, but I tend to listen to Serbian or Yugoslavian rock.

As for movies I like… Uh… hahaha, wait, wait! I like a lot, but I can’t remember the titles! I like romantic, or romantic movies. Also, I enjoy horror movies…. You know the really gruesome ones! OH!!!! I like all movies with Johnny Depp.

I don’t like TV, thus I don’t watch TV shows.

[Interviewers note: She started to play some of the Yugoslavian rock that she liked for me at this point, and it was cool, but really old. I had a good laugh. It reminded me of the ‘Breakfast Club’ soundtrack. She then continued with some house music.]



13. Do you have any special skills/abilities?

I’m really flexible, I can speak Japanese… hahaha! For some people, that is impressive, no? I also can speak: English, Serbian, and a little Italian. I would like to learn German and Russian in the near future.



14. What do you like/miss about your home country?

Well, for what I miss; I miss food, friends, cafes, everything… but OK… Of course I miss my boyfriend and my family.

As for what I like…. Wait…. Let me think…. Oh! I like my liberties! There are not as many rules! People also have more free time to spend with me.

14a. Where do you want to go in the world?

I would like to go to: New York, USA. Also, I would like to go to Rome, Italy, but I have to say that I love Italy. It feels romantic.



15. What do you like about Japan? Why?

Nothing…. No, I jest… I like umm…. Everything is nice…. I love to travel the most, because everything is interesting. Everyone is polite, and everything works. In a way the rules are kind of nice, but a lot of the rules are stupid.

16. Where have you been, outside of Japan:

I have only been to Italy and Hungary. These were through school trips though, so there was not much that I was able to see. I think I was just lazy though, because there are so many visas that I need to apply for in order to go anywhere. That is why most of my generation has not done any traveling.



17. Where have you traveled in Japan?

Within Japan, I have been to KYUSHUU, TOKYO, OSAKA, HIMEJI, HIROSHIMA, KOBE,

17a. Please, explain what you saw/experienced in these places:

I’m surprised that I was not able to go to KYOTO, but I have just never had the chance! As for KOBE, there were two times. The first time was with a silly trip to a science museum, and the second time was to see IKEA.

As for KYUSHUU, I went to the ONSEN in BEPPU, and that was awesome, and then we met for New Years in HAKATA.



18. Are there any places that you would recommend a traveler to visit?

TOKYO! Well, everywhere and I guess KYOTO even though I have not been there yet.


18a. Why would you recommend those places?

KYOTO, because it is of great historical and cultural importance. It is also very nice and typical Japanese stuff. I really want to see it, as well.

TOKYO: Because I love big cities. We don’t have that in Serbia. There are many people, buildings [skyscrapers], metro lines, and cars. They also say that it is the most expensive city in the world. It is also very different! I mean look at OKAYAMA, it is boring and has very little people. Then look at TOKYO a hustling and bustling city.




19. What do you wish to do in the future?

Umm…. I don’t know… I would really like to write a book. I also want to work for a news paper company, or a magazine company.

20. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

Uh.. Ten years from now I will be 33.… I hope that I have a husband, children, and a nice job. I hope that I will also be able to see the world, by then.



21. What are a few things about yourself, and your country, that you would like the world to know about, that can help describe your character and understand who you are, or where your from?

Of course, because I’m from Serbia it has a lot of influence on my character. Well, Who am I? hahaha! I like to make jokes.. And how… yeah…. Hehehe. Well, in Serbia we like to tease each other and make jokes. I don’t think that people take me seriously, because I laugh a lot.

It is also very enjoyable to learn a lot! I especially like to learn about other cultures… sometimes I’m too honest… Oh! Sometimes, I’m scary… like Johannes said! That is why I’m called the “Drill Sergeant”! AND, I’m pretty like all the girls from Serbia!

Yeah… What else is there to be said…. I like to go out, dance, and sing… and drink beer and eat a lot! I like to take long strolls…. I guess that is it…. Are you really going to write all that?

For more photos click HERE!

I had a blast doing both, the interview and the photo shoot with Ivana. I couldn't stop laughing. She really is light-hearted, but has determination. An interesting combo if you ask me! Wanting to get things done in a fun way, it was really great! Thanks Ivana! I will come visit you, J, and Igor in Serbia!















For the rest of the photos that I took of Ivana, click on the title or HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment