Friday, October 22, 2010

Comic Market 78 Day 1!

Wow! Again, it has been such a long time since my last post. Over a month! Well, a lot has happened since that last post. First, and foremost, I'm back in the United States of America! It was a long and tedious journey, and I have to say it is good to be back, but I wish I was still living in Japan. There has been so many events that I have taken photos of from, and prior, to this event and I decided that this is a good place to start. I'm working on getting a server up and running at my place, but for now have resorted to starting another email address and posting again on photobucket.


I'm currently living in the San Francisco Bay Area, and am looking for models that would like to do more glamour/gravure type shoots. If interested/curious, then please send me an email! We can discuss more about it and exchange ideas.


Onto the photos!


So, back in August, I was able to go to the largest アニメ event in the world. Boasting over 500,000 people taking part in this crazy convention. This was called: "Comic Market 78: Summer". There is also one held during the winter season. There were so many people! I even ran into some old friends in the area. This was, and still is, a three day event (this year 08/13 - 08/15/2010). I had a blast, and even though the temperatures were pushing 36/100 degrees (C/F), everyone was in good spirits.




This event was so much more different from the NAGOYA COSPLAY summit(NCS), or the TOKYO ANIME Fair(TAF). In comparison, I would say this was not as easy going as the summit, but far more chill than the fair. I wasn't pushed, pulled, and prodded, like I was at TAF, and I wasn't denied photos, because they were just chilling, like at NCS. I was able to also see the crazy lines that would form at this event. Can you imagine, lines with 100,000+ people in it?




On top of everything else, I stayed at a capsule ONSEN. Although it was over crowded, it was actually really nice. Just nuisance to stand naked in line with a bunch of other naked men to get into the showers/baths. Overall, I had a very educational and cultural experience, and enjoyed ODAIBA's Big Site a ton!




This was my worst photo day at the event, only coming out with about 200 photos. If you wish to see all the photos click HERE!


Don't worry though, I made up for it in the remaining days of the con! More to come soon!


























































































































For all the photos that I took on 08/13 at COMIKET click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment