Friday, January 29, 2010

Interview with YUKO ISHIHARA


Interview Sheet:


1. What is your name: Ishihara Yuko


2. What is your Nationality: Japanese


3. How old are you: 21




4. Are you single: No


5. What is your Major/Faculty: Accounting and Management


6. What year are you: Junior




7. Are you in any clubs: Yes


8. Which ones:


I am in the Golf Circle


9. What is your position in the club? What do you do?


I am a regular member. The reason that I go is to practice golf in the club.




9a. What is interesting about your club?


At first, I started working as a caddie. Then I realized that I needed knowledge in the sport of golf. Therefore, I joined the circle. The more I practiced the more I noticed that I liked the sport. Now, I’m just trying to reduce my handicap. I also, like the fact that I can play golf with anyone. For example: I can play with elders or juniors, like my father or siblings.


10. Do you have a job: Yes


10a. What do you do?


Um... As I said before, I caddie at a golf course.






11. What are your hobbies?


Speaking in English, to stay under the bed covers, watching movies or dramas, and studying other languages (I like the feeling of understanding what people are saying in different languages).


12. What music/movies/TV shows do you like?


Recently, I started to like rock. Like Maroon 5 is a good band, but I also like singers like Mariah Carey. For Japanese music I like UTADA HIKARU.


As for movies and dramas, I like romance ones. I feel that it is very close to what my life is like, and that is why I like that. I feel that I’m in the movie.


13. Do you have any special skills/abilities?


I have a good ability of understanding the situation. I feel that it is because I like to pay attention to my surroundings. It really helps me feel the atmosphere, and know who is having a good time and who is not enjoying the situation. I try to help the ones that are down. I also have a very hard time hating people.






14. What do you like about Japan? Why?


I love the food here in Japan. Also, I like the fact that we have to respect our elders. It is the way of life here. Everyone should come here to experience, and see what I am talking about.


15. Do you like to travel:


Yes, of course I love to travel. It is really hard for me because I’m a girl, and it is hard to travel alone.


15a. Where have you been, outside of Japan:


Yes, I have been outside of Japan. The places that I have been to include: Hawaii, Saipan, South Korea, and Shanghai, China.


16. Where have you traveled in Japan?


HOKKAIDO, TOKYO, HIROSHIMA, FUKUOKA, KAGAWA, TOKUGI, SHIMANE, YAMAGUCHI, HYOUGO, OSAKA.


In some of those places, I have been to many places just through them though. They would include: AICHI PREFECTURE: NAGOYA, SHIZOUKA, NAGANO, GIKU, and TOYAMA.




16a. Please, explain what you saw/experienced in these places:


HOKKAIDO: School trip at the age of 17. I went with just classmates, and it was difficult because my best friend was not present. It was nice though because the SUSHI was of another class. The UNI and IKA was amazing. I typically don’t like it, but in HOKKAIDO it was delicious.


NAGANO: I went with my best friend and we had a blast. It was a 10 hour bus ride, and after we got there it was an hour up a mountain to get to this famous waterfall. It was cool too; because we met and made friends with this great elder couple at the waterfall and they gave us a ride back to the station.


17. Are there any places that you would recommend a traveler to visit?


I think that the TOYAMA prefecture is good to go to.


17a. Why would you recommend those places?


You can see the very famous cliffs there. It is strange, a lot of people typically commit suicide there. If you are a fan of horror films, then you may like the area. They use it a lot in films as a horrific place.




18. What do you wish to do in the future?


I have a dream/goal of wanting to plant many trees in a desert. I was thinking about that ever since Junior High School, or the age of 12 or 13. I think that would be neat. It doesn’t even matter what desert. I want to build a company, and then having them all come out with me to this desert to plant the trees. That would be the best! I really want to make this dream a reality.


19. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?


I see myself working very hard, even maybe harder than anyone else I know. I see myself carrying a suitcase, speaking in English, negotiating and traveling all over the world.


20. What are a few things about yourself, and your country, that you would like the world to know about, that can help describe your character and understand who you are, or where your from?


I am from JAPAN, which is a very kind country. It makes me want to feel like I want to be kind and nice to everyone. I also like the saying: “ONKOCHISHIN” which means, to get information from your past to bring new inventions to tomorrow. I believe that history repeats itself, and I think that if we learn from our past we can make a better tomorrow.
Therefore, it is very important to respect our elders.


Now, nothing ever stays the same, but we can try to incorporate our new with the old. It is important to respect people. When you are kind it makes others happy, and I like being happy. It doesn’t mean that you cannot be strict though. I believe in tough love. Sometimes you just need to be strict, for others to grow.


Click HERE for more photos!
















No comments:

Post a Comment