Sunday, February 7, 2010

コミック バトル 62 (Comic Battle 62)


So, it has been about a week now since my last post, and I am happy to say I have another post for you! Now, I have been in Japan for about 4 months and have never really posted anything based on ANIME. It has mainly been because I have not known of any ANIME events that were going to take place in this area, but there are a few that have come and gone, and there are more to come. Hopefully, I will be able to go to more.




At this event there were various happenings... For example, there was a stage where COSPLAYERS were allowed to perform events on, there was also a MANGA market place, there was a vehicle area as well, and there was also a photographers corner. It was a lot smaller than the events that I went to in Los Angeles, San Jose, and Long Beach, but it was still cool.




So, now let me explain a few things and why there are two signatures on some photos. At this event Comic Battle 62, there were designated photo areas. Obviously, there is a photo area in the vehicle section, here is my favorite car (Nissan Skyline GTR). You were not allowed to take photos in the market area or the COSPLAYERS stage area, only in the COSPLAY photo area.




Now, I understand that none of the above answers, "Why are there two signatures on some Photos?", but let me get to that. Because of some years ago a person, male, decided to go around taking "Naughty" photos of COSPLAYERS, female, guys are not allowed to take photos of any cosplayers inside this event. That is unless they are COSPLAYING, themselves. Therefore, being male, and not a COSPLAYER, I was not allowed to take any photos. This is a crisis....... right?




No, not really. I had a couple of friends with me, that were not male. Actually, photos of them are coming up shortly. I have to give a great big thanks to Jennifer Lacoste, for helping me out and taking photos. That is why there is her signature on some of the photos. I set up the settings on my camera, and had her take the photos of the COSPLAYERS. She was really a great sport and went around for 3 hours taking hundreds of photos. For a person who has never used a Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera (DSLR Camera), she did an amazing job. I'm glad that I invited her to the event with me.




Jennifer is in the photo above, posing next to a truck, that I told her was the perfect vehicle for her. You have to have a photo with the item that is perfect with you, ne? Below is a friend that I ran into while at the event. Laura was the subject of interest for some of the Japanese. I can see why........ I think........




Here is Laura returning the favor...... Take lots!



Didn't really need to say it, but the Japanese were quite keen on Jennifer too. She was a little reluctant at first, but she did open up and the COSPLAYERS were able to get a lot of good photos.




It was weird because I like so many different types of ANIME, MANGA, and games, that there were quite a few COSPLAYERS that had me stumped. There are the obvious ones; Macross Frontier, Ranma 1/2, Final Fantasy 13, etc., but there were many more that had me scratching my head, and wondering what are they mimicking?




Oh well, the event was a blast and we all had a good time. It was a little too short in my opinion, but the party can't last forever. Again, a great big THANKS! to Jennifer, and I hope that you guys in joy the photos. By the way, more photos HERE! ^_^















































3 comments:

  1. Wieder einmal hast du zauberhafte Photos gemacht, mein Lieber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ray, I'm sure to tell Jennifer that she is Magical.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm you have a lot of VOCALOID :) the three of purple, yellow and blue hair are Gakupo, Len, and Kaito in IMITATION BLACK,
    Then you have a Gekokujou's Len and rin one,
    A len imitation black with a girl... and i think that a daughter of evil rin :)

    ReplyDelete