Thursday, June 3, 2010

コミックバトル 64 (Comic Battle 64)


Yes! Again! I decided to go back to this event to see some new cosplay. I thought that it would be good to get out and see the anime con, before going to Nagoya Cosplay Summit, and Tokyo Comiket. I have already booked hotels for the area. I am really looking forward to going. I have a friend coming with me to Tokyo Comiket too!




Although this time around I knew many of the costumes that were being worn, I have to say I was more disappointed with this event than I thought I would have been. So we left the dorms and arrived, this time by bike, at around noon. I brought a lot of camera equipment with me this time.


The gear: Canon 40d, Canon 1ds, 24 - 70mm 2.8L, 70 - 200mm 2.8L, Canon 580EX (x2), Canon 430EX, Canon ST-E2, Impact medium light stands (x2), 43" Westcott collapsible umbrella (x2), and various batteries.




Funny thing is, out of all the batteries that I brought, I didn't have one for the ST-E2. Ironically, that was the battery that died. I kind of wish that it used a regular AA or AAA battery, but because it is one of the CR line batteries, I was not able to acquire one so easily over here. Therefore, I didn't use the stands, umbrellas, and multiple flashes. I just put one on top of each camera, and went at it.




I have to admit the level of the cosplayers is moving up. They were doing better costumes this time around. I really did enjoy seeing all them running around and posing. It was really interesting. Unfortunately, the market area seemed to be a little smaller this time. Also, it felt that they closed really early this time. There were some items that I wanted to buy, but I will have to leave it until next time.




Thankfully, this event is a monthly gathering. It happens near the end of the month, every month. Oh! I found out that it happened during the same time as Fanime 2010. Hopefully, I will be able to see some cool photos from that event. Next year, I will be sure to attend! Oh, and if Anime Expo gets the same type of guest again, I will go to that too!




Anyways, enjoy the photos, and for the rest of them click HERE!
































For the rest of the photos click on the title above, or HERE!

1 comment: