Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Interview with NAMBA AYUMI


Interview Sheet:


1. What is your name: AYUMI NAMBA


2. What is your Nationality: JAPANESE


3. How old are you: 23




4. Are you single: No


5. What is your Major/Faculty: Education


6. What year are you: Senior


7. Are you in any clubs: No




8. Do you have a job: I work at a Bakery and at the English Cafe on Campus


8a. What do you do?


At the English Café, I organize the room, speak to Japanese students, attend the events, answer the phones, and talk to foreign students.


At “Muskato Bianco” Bakery, I work the register. I’m a cashier. It is a boring job, especially during the weekdays. There are very few people that go onto the highway because it is busy, and the bakery is at a rest stop. The best thing about this job is I get breakfast and lunch bread for free.




9. What are your hobbies?


My hobbies are…. Hanging out with friends, window shopping, going to cafes and drinking coffee, read magazines, cooking, and knitting.


10. What music/movies/TV shows do you like?


I like Jazz, acoustic, and slow music like Jack Johnson, Leona Lewis, Jason Mraz (although he is not slow), Mr. Children, Monkey Majiku, UTADA HIKARU, AI, and EGO’WRAPPIN.


As for TV I like the programs: AME Talk, a show about comedians making fun of JAPANESE pop culture. I also like some dramas, but I don’t really keep up with them religiously. My favorite programs to watch are economic documentaries.


My favorite movies are: Love Actually and Mama Mia.




11. Do you have any special skills/abilities?


My charm points are my eyes and my black hair. (Her eyes are like cat eyes, and she has beautiful thick hair.)


My special skill is that I can play the saxophone.




12. What do you like about Japan? Why?


I like the four seasons and food. Japanese food is awesome. I can enjoy the four different scenes during the seasons. Spring is SAKURA, summer is the beach, fall is KOYO, and I don’t really like winter.


I also like the fact that I can get whatever I would like in JAPAN. If I want American food, then I can get American food. It is wonderful.




13. Do you like to travel: Yes


13a. Where have you been, outside of Japan:


I have been to the United States of America, Australia, and Guam.



14. Where have you traveled in Japan?


HOKKAIDO, TOKYO, OSAKA, KYOTO, NARA, HYOUGO, TOTORI, SHIMANE, HIROSHIMA, YAMAGUCHI, ALL OF SHIKOKU, and KYUSHU.


14a. Please, explain what you saw/experienced in these places:


I went to KYOTO, most recently in last November, and it was the KOYO (Autumn leaves changing). There was a bunch of people there because of this. I went to KYOMIZUDERA and the amount of people at the main temple was amazing. I also went to ARASHIYAMA. There, I went into the mountain in the morning though, and thus, it was foggy. There was a very famous bridge in ARASHIYAMA, but it was full of people. It was about 100 meters, and it took only about five minutes to cross.


When I was a freshman, or sophomore, I went camping in SHOUDOSHIMA. It is an island between OKAYAMA and KAGAWA. It is in KAGAWA prefecture. It was wonderful. I went with my friends in one car and two large motorcycles. It was in May, and it was freezing. There were 6 friends, because it was cold we bundled up and slept shoulder to shoulder.




15. Are there any places that you would recommend a traveler to visit?


SHOUDOSHIMA is a place that I would recommend for a person who likes camping to go.


NAOSHIMA is another place that I would recommend for people who like modern art. It is a small beautiful island, with a very awesome modern museum.






16. What do you wish to do in the future?


I wish to teach English to high school and middle school level. I will quit, when I have children. When they grow up, I would like to have a private English teaching practice at my house.




17. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?


I will still be in OKAYAMA, or maybe living in America. Doing a teaching job as mentioned above. Preferably with a child or two.




18. What are a few things about yourself, and your country, that you would like the world to know about, that can help describe your character and understand who you are, or where your from?


OKUYUKASHII is a word that best describes me. It translates to: elegant refined, and modest. I believe that I’m modest. Japan has the idea of male chauvinism. It is especially dominant in the older generations. Some of the younger people like the idea. I kind of like the idea. I’m tough mentally. I believe that is really all.




Interviewers Note: This interview was conducted back in December of 2009, and things have changed a little since then. These photos were taken a few days ago, and it was only recently that I was able to actually get time to meet with her. We both had very busy schedules. Since the actual interview, AYUMI has graduated from OKAYAMA University last spring, and is now teaching the seventh grade (中学二年) at a private OKAYAMA junior high school. She is really having a good time teaching English to her kids.


For the rest of her photos click HERE!



















































For all of AYUMI's photos, click on the title or HERE!


Thanks for checking out the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment