Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Welcome to 岡山(OKAYAMA)!!


I have been extremely busy lately with school and work. It has left me little to no time for updating/keeping my blog. Fortunately, I was able to get away for a moment and present something that should have been done long ago!


November 3, 2009


OKAYAMA Welcome Party! Only a few months late, yeah? It seems like eons ago, when we first arrived to Japan. I was actually speaking to some of my fellow EPOK (Exchange Program OKAYAMA) students about the time we actually start calling: 'OKAYAMA' our home?




The census is about three months into the stay here, that is about when most of us started saying, "let's go home", rather than the "留学生会館 (international dorms)". Most of the students that started with me in October, were bored of Japan by February.


It was stated that I was one of the few that has enjoyed the stay since the beginning. I believe that it is true too, and the new batch of EPOK students that came in April will be going home in August. None of the new students will be staying for a full a year.




It is somewhat funny, because I will be staying in Japan longer than most of the new exchange students will be. Most leave from August 12 to the 31, and I will be leaving sometime undecided in September. To already be speaking of leaving is such a sad note.


This post comes after some of the participants in the party have either graduated and moved on with their lives, or have gone back to their respective countries. So much has happened since then. It is amazing going over some of these older photos.




The party was quite large and we were able to gather many people. We played bingo for prizes. There was drink and food, and an unexpected speech that all new EPOK students needed to give. A lot of them chickened out and disappeared before then.


Overall, it was a fun event and enabled us to all the exchange students. We were able to learn about where they came from and interesting facts from each student. It is nostalgic going over such old photos. Hopefully, we have a farewell party, and I will be able to post it before I leave!




This semester, I have taken a few classes that involve field trips to different areas. They have been keeping me busy, but allow me to say that I will post more on the trip in March and these other trips soon.


Thanks for staying along for the ride, click HERE for the rest of the photos!
















For all the photos, Click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment